I am thrilled to present movie watching machine Rob of Movie Rob on my blog today, who had a lovely idea for his list, and there are many on here that I think you will all be able to agree with! If you do not already follow Rob’s blog, I would highly recommend it. Rob also runs an awesome feature called Genre Grandeur every month, in which you submit your favourite film in the given genre that has been selected, join it, it is a lot of fun!
Should you be interested in submitting a Top Ten list, draw up a list of either your top ten personal favourite movies or a top ten list by a specific genre/theme and send it along to me at email@example.com. Hope to see a few more lists!
When choosing a cast for a movie, many directors and producers have certain actors in mind for particular roles and sometimes they are correct on their first thoughts and sometimes, they aren’t.
Here is a list of 10 casting decisions that we are quite grateful for. If the original choice hadn’t turned down these iconic roles (or in one particular case, been fired after they filmed for 5 weeks (#8), our view of EVERY one of these iconic roles and the movies they appear in would be seen much differently by the entire world.
10. Mick Jagger – Irwin Fletcher in Fletch (1985)
9. Gwyneth Paltrow – Rose DeWitt Bukater in Titanic (1997)
8. Eric Stoltz – Marty McFly in Back to the Future (1985)
7. Daryl Hannah – Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman (1990)
6. John Travolta – Forrest Gump in Forrest Gump (1994)
5. Michelle Pfieffer – Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs (1991)
4. Sylvester Stallone – Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
3. Tom Selleck – Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
2. Richard Gere – John McClane in Die Hard (1988)
1. Gene Hackman – Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs (1991)